BROOKZILL SOCIAL MEDIA SUGGESTIONS + BEST PRACTICES
- Facebook should be like an official newsfeed for everything
- All major announcements
- All information about touring
- Links to other socials and albums
- Best practice 2-4 posts a week
- 1 of those should be promo (if applicable)
- All posts should have some type of media
Facebook native videos always do extremely well
Make videos specially for Facebook
Official videos should at least have teasers uploaded directly to Facebook
Facebook Mentions is your best friend!
Here’s how to get it set up
Should be at least 10 min
Make sure to talk to people when they are commenting
- All Brookzill announcements should be shared by each individual band member on their pages
- All band member posts regarding Brookzill (in studio, on tour photos, etc) on individual pages should be shared by Brookzill page
- All tracks uploaded to Brookzill should be shared by individual artists
- Hashtags are one of the main ways Soundcloud queues what’s up next for listeners. Make sure to hashtag with more than just your name but the genre and sub-genre as well.
- Playlisting is something that Soundcloud loves and it also helps their algorithm figure out what you’re like so it’s a great idea!
- 4-6 posts a week
- Don’t post too close together, two photos by the same person in a row is totally annoying in your feed
- Remember to tease content and creation of music while in the studio - fans love to see that things are coming soon!
Like Facebook –posts from Brookzill’s Instagram should be regularly re-grammed to the individual member pages. In the post below this can now be tagged (@brookzill) instead of hashtagged (#brookzill)
- Brookzill should also re-gram from individual members to increase amount of content on page.
Twitter is the loudest social media, there is no such thing as tweeting too much
Re-tweeting and favoriting tweets about Brookzill, especially in the beginning, is a great way to reward fans and press for being interested and keep the conversation going
Individual members should take over the Brookzill twitter regularly and sign off on all tweets with their initial
Individual members should mention the @Brookzill twitter and re-tweet all Brookzill announcements
Brookzill should regularly re-tweet individual member tweets
The best example of maintaining an individual artist account and using the group account well is El-P and Killer Mike from Run The Jewels.
They don’t necessarily tweet on the RTJ account but the individual artists are re-tweeted regularly
- They re-tweet mentions of them and news to make sure that followers have the latest up to date